Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 808-8A voice coil...?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member buick455's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Altec Lovers:
    I have what I believe to be a
    blown voice coil in an 808-8A HF compression driver from my Altec Valencia 846B speaker.

    Where would you suggest that I purchase a replacement voice coil?

    Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    bassreflex

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The one and only source for genuine Altec replacement parts:

    Great Plains Audio

    Bill Hanuschak worked for the original Altec and today owns the tooling to make authentic replacement parts. And, he's a good guy to talk to!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member taudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2004
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Agreed!

    Bill has redone HF drives and 416's for me with flat-out excellent results. Highly recommended. You might want to send in both drivers for remagnetization, too if they are alnico, not ferrite (I don't have my list of which is which with me at the moment)

    taudo

  4. #4
    Inactive Member HiFiPlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Taudo

    How much for a pair of 15" woofer remagnetization?

    Do you know how much for a pair of HF?

    Thank you

    HiFiPlayer

  5. #5
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Call or email Bill at GPA, his prices are reasonable and his work quality is good.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member buick455's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you both for the info.

    I appreciate this...

    I'll check Great Plains out...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.